Mind Uploading

Go down

Mind Uploading

Post  QBcrusher on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I have recently found out about this subject, which is awesome because I used to wonder if would be possible in the future.

Pretty much, you would get your brain scanned, and then a map of your brains neutrons would be uploaded onto a computer.

From here, your "files" would be opened with some sort of software, and you could continue your life with no ties to your human body.

Possibilities for this software could be a virtual world, where you could meet up with your friends, and do the same stuff you normally do.

This also means you could live forever. You are no longer bound to your human body, you can do what you want, when you want.

You could travel through space at the speed of light, and live wherever there are space stations set up to hold a computer that would store an infinite amount of people.

Now a complicated matter would be when copies of the brain get made. All copies would share the same past, but will then stray off from each other after the date of the transfer. They say that it could then be possible to merge the brains together.

I wonder if this could be the start of human evolution.

Eventually, I'd imagine people would be able to have external bodies.
Cyborgs would be a real things! I can see 300 years into the future, the wrong people get a hold of the technology and it will become an army of cyborgs taking over other planets

This is expected to be able to happen between 2013-2026, that is, if society wants it to happen. This could raise a lot of problems with religious people. It would be odd because your soul would go to heaven/hell, but your brain would keep going. It wouldn't really be you. You would not be experiencing anything, but an artificial copy would keep going.

Apparently, they have already done successful tests with a mouse brain, and the files used over 500 terabytes! Anybody that knows anything about computers can tell you that is an ENORMOUS amount of space! That is just for a mouse brain, imagine what it would take to do a human brain.

I guess only time will tell how this will work out, but I for certain will keep updated on the issue, as I would love to see science fiction become reality.

Heres a few links I found useful:

Pineapple Express

RoFL Bucks : 26270

Back to top Go down